We are looking for freelancers to strengthen our team. Most jobs can be done remotely.
Freelance Jobs for Language, Text and Image Experts
- Editors, proofreaders, especially for Korean, Japanese, Norwegian, Swedish, English, Italian, French, Spanish, Italian and Russian.
- Typists, office clerks, transcriptionists. More >>
- Researchers for literature inquiries, plagiarism checking, journalistic research. More >>
- Technical editors, specialist writers for natural science, law, economics, technology and other disciplines. More >>
- Translators, Interpreters, especially for the language pairs: German-English and English-German, German-Indonesian, German-Norwegian, English-Norwegian. More >>
- Copywriters for the following languages: Korean, Japanese, French, Norwegian, Swedish, German, English etc. More >>
- Layout designers and formatting experts with expertise in: Word, OpenOffice, LaTeX, Publisher, InDesign, QuarkXPress etc. More >>
- Designers, graphic artists, illustrators. More >>
Freelance Work for IT and EDP Experts
- SEOs (search engine optimisers). Particularly experts in technical and off-page-optimisation. More >>
- Web designers. More >>
- Web developers, web programmers. More >>
Information for Applicants
Applications are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you are applying for several departments, one e-mail will certainly suffice. Your contact person is Mr. Evgenij Unker.
Until now, we have sought to respond to all applications. At first it took a few days, then weeks, then months. In all fairness, we must now admit that answering each one is simply not possible. Even if you ask us. And ask again. And again. Sorry!
Nevertheless: We are glad to receive every application, and, if you can win us over with your message, we save your contact information. If a suitable job should come up, we will gladly get in touch with you. Therefore: the more you tell us about yourself, the greater the chance for work.
Who We Are
Lektorat Unker is a text agency in the broadest sense, based in Germany. We are a
- translation agency,
- copywriting office,
- revision service,
- typing agency and
- advertising agency in one.
We have over 700 specialists from 70 countries working for us in over 70 languages (as of April 2014).
Our range of services includes:
- text optimisation and copywriting services,
- translation and interpreting services,
- writing service and transcription,
- text digitisation and data entry,
- text coaching and plagiarism checking,
- website search engine optimisation,
- website development and support,
- layout and print,
- design and graphics,
- advertising and marketing.
What We Expect
We expect from our freelancers exactly what we offer our customers:
- For text projects, the target/working language is always the freelancer’s native language.
- Preferably at least two years of experience with text work or in the field that you are applying for.
- The highest possible quality when carrying out tasks and adherence to the agreed upon deadlines.
- Continuous self-improvement in one’s field while also thinking one step ahead.
- Very good reachability even outside normal business hours (optimally via mobile internet). Unfortunately, if you are not reachable within an hour, especially during business hours, that would rule out work on most projects.
- Discretion, confidential handling of all client data and texts.
What We Offer
- Work with one of the most renowned text agencies of the German-speaking world.
- Exciting professional challenges suited to your interests and qualifications.
- Varying tasks with the possibility to gain expertise in new knowledge domains and work techniques.
- Technical and administrative assistance.
- Professional growth together with our quickly developing company.
- Fair and timely payment.
What Information We Need from You
There is no specific format to be followed, and you can apply with us at any time. Even so, we prefer expressive applications to standard impersonal messages. Below, we list a few details that we need in order to be able to decide about freelance work more quickly without time-consuming inquiries.
- Full name, mailing address, e-mail address and telephone number (preferably both mobile and landline).
- Education, previous work experience, additional qualifications.
- Other jobs besides your freelance work, what times you will be reachable for requests and work.
- Data/text formats and EDP-programs that you work with (hardcopy with proofreader’s mark in accordance with ISO 5776:1983, PDF, LaTeX, Microsoft Office, InDesign, SDL TRADOS, etc.).
- Your rates and your VAT or sales tax status.
It would be helpful to us if you specified your working language(s) and fields of activity in your heading. Statements such as “application for freelance work” are less informative. The following, for example, are more meaningful subject lines: “English editing” or “English-German specialising in law” or “French Copywriter”. Then, we can approach you for more specifically targeted work.
We look forward to your message!